ok so is two slices of avo on toast, two up and gos, and a couple of pieces of chocolate a lot to eat i don’t even know anymore
day iii: haze [vague-but-not-sort of totally-dave/alex]
”I’ll confess it is pleasant to look at you sleep. You’re quite beautiful, Clarice.”
”Looks are an accident, Dr. Lecter.”
”If comeliness were earned, you’d still be beautiful.”
”Do not say 'Thanks.' ” A fractional turn of his head was enough to dash his annoyance like a glass thrown in the fireplace.
'I say what I mean,” Starling said. ”Would you like it better if I said 'I'm glad you find me so.' That would be a little fancier, and equally true.”
She raised her glass beneath her level prairie gaze, taking back nothing.
It occurred to Dr. Lecter in the moment that with all his knowledge and intrusion, he could never entirely predict her, or own her at all. He could feed the caterpillar, he could whisper through the chrysalis; what hatched out followed its own nature and was beyond him.
He wondered if she had the .45 on her leg beneath the gown.
Let us never forget the real context of that quote. It will always be about, Clarice.
It is very important to me that you all know this.
#this ending wins the most problematic ending ever prize #but fuck you fuller #that’s one of my favourite lines #because it’s says a damn lot about clarice starling that he doesn’t have a grip on her #it’s not about anybody else #clarice starling #stop giving away the lines of a famous female character to a white dude who has his own story????
I can seriously imagine the team going out to a bar randomly one night where it turns out that they’re holding a quiz. And it’s in teams of three and Alex and Rossi insist on being on different teams to see who’d beat the other, except they both end up fighting over Reid which leads the rest of the team to muscle onto their teams leaving Reid the odd one out, he then randomly joins a team of strangers and wipes the floor with both of their groups while they’re both tied in second place and then they bicker over it for a week insisting on a rematch while everybody else gets so fed up of it it drives them nuts.
A collection of some of my strange CM headcanons
- Alex’s alcohol tolerance flattens Rossi’s. The first time she accompanied the team to a bar night, she drank him under the table. Garcia has pictures.
- One time Prentiss and Anderson slept together, mostly because Emily found his extensive Star Trek knowledge really hot. They’re on good terms and sticll bicker over which movie is best.
- Hotch is a history channel buff. His DVR is filled with random documentaries and it drives Jack nuts because he wants to record stuff when he’s staying with his Aunt jessica but there’s no room because his dad’s penny collector’s bible show is taking up the room.
- The ‘Brad episode’ has become BAU legend. Every time a new agent gets assigned in any capacity they hear about prentiss, jj and garcia fending off brad. The story has become highly embellished over the years.
- Henry and Jack now dress up as a different BAU member every Halloween. Hotch didn’t see Jack grab the permanent marker to draw on Rossi’s goatee in time and spent three hours scrubbing it off.
- Morgan ended up having to ask Reid what a ‘Sin to win’ weekend was because Emily told him it’d be cheating if he googled it.
- Rossi, after spending an hour arguing with Garcia, got cooking lessons from her on how to make vegetarian dishes. he’d never admit it, but he likes them.
- Rossi has a wine cellar.
- it’s Prentiss and JJ’s favourite hang out.
- Jordan and Prentiss still keep in touch. regular coffee dates turned into skype coffee calls when Emily moved to London, and if she ever needs help from the FBI over a terrorism case, she always calls Jordan first.
- one time Morgan asked garcia who the little suit of armour figurine on her desk was meant to be, they ended up spending the whole weekend marathoning Fullmetal Alechemist. He loved it.
- Emily Prentiss was briefly the head of a dungeons and dragons club consisting of her, Reid, Garcia, kevin and a somewhat reluctant Morgan (he got into it eventually but finding time to get together to play was really difficult).
- JJ found that one of the more difficult things about transitioning to profiler was keeping her desk in the bullpen looking presentable and not like some kind of explosion had happened.
- James Blake meeting the team was an experience. It was kind of like bringing a new boyfriend home to your parents and having them share all the embarrassing baby stories. he loved it, Alex, however, did not.
- Alex and Emily enjoy teaching each other snippets of other languages. It started as a way to confuse the team but they decided it was nice to speak to another multi-lingual person and stayed with it, because while Reid knows these languages, his pronunciation is hellish.
- Seaver and Rossi still get together and play video games. They never agree on who won.
- Vonnegut quote offs happen between Morgan and Prentiss. The person who can work a quote into a sentence in the weirdest way wins. Bonus points if Reid is there and doesn’t notice.
- Everybody accepted long ago that you just don’t see Anderson without some form of writing utensil on his person. Garcia thought it was an office thing until he drove her home one day and had a collection of pencils shoved in his cup holder.
- Alex let James set up her skype account and instantly regretted it when she saw her user was ‘Blakinatorxxx’
- She has no idea how garcia found out that piece of information, but every so often she calls her Blakinator and she suspects james let it slip and plots her revenge.
i’m gonna shut up now
*breaks into j k rowling’s house in the middle of the night* no it’s okay i’m not here to steal anything i just think we need to talk about harry naming one of his kids after snape
when you’re in the tumblr app on someone’s blog looking for a specific post and space thinking you’re on your dash and now you’re a stalker
the a in lgbtqa should stand for allies, they deserve the recognition for defeating the axis powers and winning world war 2